5.30.2024

Democracy 1, Trump, Zero--Finally!

 I was a bit shocked when I heard the news that Donald Trump had been convicted on all counts. I don't feel triumphant. I don't feel schadenfreude. But I do feel happy for America.

I didn't laugh, but I did laugh previously whenever one asserted that no one is above the law. Finally, for perhaps the first time in his life, Donald Trump is being held accountable. For a man who has gotten away with horrible behavior all his life, this conviction is too little too late. For, say, a reckless alcoholic who has  ruined not only his own life but the life of so many others, to get up and say, "My name is Donald Trump and I'm an alcoholic,"--Well, I don't see that coming. 

One of the worst insults in Trump's world of playing with the Truth is not "You[;re fired," but "You're a loser." Well, he's a loser now. Will he ever  admit it? No. But let's hope that enough people will not elect someone who is not worthy to become president. 

Now, at last, it's democracy l, Trump zero. The final score--the 'jury,' (us),  is still out, but it now seems more likely that enough  Americans will come together to keep  this unqualified man out of the White House.

Who knows what the final score will be? The venomous Republican response to the verdict indicates that the battle is far from over. Still,  at last, it's Democracy 1, Trump, Zero. 


No comments:

Post a Comment