12.24.2023

Pax et Bonum to All!

 https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/592927301726877053/2023989654651543547

This was my Christmas message from several years ago. I still play the song on the piano with my friend Chris, who plays the flute; the problems mentioned in the essay have only grown worse; still hanging on over the precipice, although my muscles have became a lot weaker; still happy.

So have yourself a merry little Christmas! My advice when I was young would have been: Change the world. Much later, my advice would have been, Keep Breathing. Current advice: I am no one to give advice; Yet, keep breathing!!

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. On the 25th, we invited some people over. Philip, my son; Tina, his  sister; Roger, my nephew; Sonia, his friend; and a most gracious host, my dear wife, Nirmala. Little gifts for everyone as well

Age, illness. vision problems,  and politics have made my world a lot darker. So I decided to hanukkuh up everything: bright,  colored lights everywhere. It does indeed lift the spirits, We took advantage of other ways to bring light into our world as well: we  exercised a lot;  read a lot; wrote greeting cards--better  than never-- and, most of all, we enjoyed each other's company. We are very lucky indeed.

Hope you are too~ Keep doing what you love; love,


Blogger Thomas 


No comments:

Post a Comment